mercredi 11 juillet 2012

La Maison Blanche

Always wanted to live in the white house.
Things have finally started to pick up again at our chantier.  The painters have come and put on the first two coats of paint on the exterior, transforming what seemed to be a chalet-style house into something more modern.

"Quel dommage," commented a couple of people here in France when we told them we would paint our house white rather than go with the knotty pine look. When people discover you're Canadian they just assume you would love nothing better than a natural wood finish.

Call me old fashioned, but I just feel good in white. White walls. Pale floors. Mostly neutral furnishings. I admire bright colours in other people's homes, but it doesn't feel like me. The trend here has been to darker colours recently but I am proudly resisting. Vive la vie en blanc !


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire